The Power to Manage and Secure Data, Devices and Applications on the Front Lines of Business
- Centrally enforce corporate security policies
- Full disc encryption for laptops
- Email and PIM encryption on handhelds
- Over-the-air encryption
- Temporary password recovery
- Central management and control
- Management and security from a single console
- Update application and data as needed
- Manage groups or individuals
- Over-the-air software distribution
- Minimal user interaction necessary
- Push email interoperability
- OneBridge push email, Microsoft push email (SP2)
- Any mobile device
- Windows Mobile (Pocket PC, Windows Mobile 5.0, smartphone),Windows Notebooks, RIM BlackBerry, Palm OS, Symbian
- Any wireless connection
- GPRS/EDGE/3G,W-LAN e.g. 802.11b/g, Infrared, Bluetooth
Mobile workers are imperative to an organization’s success. Laptops, PDAs and smart phones that support workers at the front lines are proliferating throughout corporations.With a mobile workforce comes the widespread distribution of sensitive and proprietary data outside the secure walls of headquarters. Therefore, it is critical for the success of a mobile deployment to put measures in place to control and protect mobile assets. By implementing a solution that proactively manages and secures mobile data, devices and applications, mobile projects can provide an organization with the intended results of improving efficiency, customer service and ultimately profitability.
- Security: Mobile devices face an extremely vulnerable computing environment where security gaps can exist, the risk of intrusion is high, and security controls are inconsistent at best and often unenforceable. Additionally, government regulations regarding data privacy and encryption are becoming stricter, and can even result in fines for noncompliance. It is imperative that IT and security experts manage and protect sensitive information, and enforce compliance centrally, rather than leaving the burden of security to the mobile device end user.
- Management: Maintaining the reliability and security of data and devices at the front lines can be very challenging. These environments are diverse, complex and often beyond direct, onsite IT control. IT must be able to proactively manage all the devices, applications, data and communications critical to the success of mobile workers. Organizations must take a centralized approach to management and security, providing IT with the control and visibility they need, while empowering mobile workers to be successful with the information and applications needed to do their jobs.