Industrial Handheld Area Imager Bar Code Reader with Datalogic’s STAR Cordless System™
- Optics available in Standard Range, High Density and Wide Angle
- Datalogic 3GL™ (3 Green Lights) and loud beeper for good read feedback
- Datalogic’s instinctive 5-dot aimer
- Omnidirectional reading from contact to 30.0 cm / 11.8 in
- Optional model available with display and 3-key keypad
- 100% Compatible with Datalogic’s STAR Cordless System™
- Point-to-point and multi-point transmission
- Seamless roaming
- User replaceable Lithium-Ion battery
- Operates over a wide range of temperatures
- Water and particulate sealing rating: IP65 (without display) / IP64 (with display)
- Drop resistance to 2.0 m / 6.5 ft
The PowerScan 8000 product series is Datalogic Scanning’s premium line of rugged industrial handheld data collection products. The PowerScan PM8500 cordless area imager offers omnidirectional reading of 1D and 2D codes combined with unlimited mobility guaranteed by the Datalogic STAR Cordless System™.
The PowerScan PM8500 reader’s feature a high-resolution Mega-Pixel imaging sensor that is capable of outstanding performance in industrial applications. It is offered in three optic models: Standard Range and High Density models are for typical bar code reading conditions (for medium and high-resolution codes respectively); the Wide Angle model offers a wider field of view allowing the capture of larger and longer codes.
The Datalogic STAR Cordless System for narrow band radio communications provides the key to increased productivity and flexibility in the workplace. It offers scalable solutions from simple point-to-point applications to networking capabilities. An optional display with a 3-key keypad provides useful information to the operator like time and battery status and enables interaction with the host. The high capacity Lithium-Ion battery can be replaced in few seconds and charged on the cradle as well on a separate multi-battery charger.
The PM8500 readers feature Datalogic’s exclusive 3GL™ (3 Green Lights) for superior good read feedback. The patented ‘Green Spot’ directly on the code and dual Good Read LEDs on the top and back of the cap adds increased visibility at any angle.
The PM8500 reader’s mechanics have been developed and tested to withstand extreme environmental conditions maintaining consistent reading capability without degrading performance or reliability. Its ergonomic enclosure is lightweight and well balanced to ensure optimal operator comfort during scan intensive operations. A built-in metal tether hook for suspended applications ensures workplace productivity.